lm-sensors watching daemon?

Hello,

I recently got lm-sensors to play along with my stock unstable 2.6.8
kernel. Now I'm looking for a daemon which utilizes the information read
from the Mobo. I have found two which do what I want (shutting down at
certain threshold values):
1) sentinelle (http://denis.corbin.free.fr/software.html)
2) mondo-daemon (http://mondo-daemon.sourceforge.net/)

The former seems quite young, while the latter smells of abandonment.
I wonder what the "debian way" is to accomplish things like shutdown at
a given temperature or fan speed - I found neither of the two
possibilities above or an alternative in the repositories.

If you have experience with this: please let me know what you use.

Thanks, Joh