Re: Post "apt-get dist-upgrade" question:

--- Jule Slootbeek <jslootbeek@clarku.edu> wrote:

> \* stupid question *\
> i am safe to assume that you restarted gnome/kde
> after you ran a
> dist-upgrade correct?

Yes, I restarted using the new "Sarge" kernel and
everything.

> unless you download the source through apt-get or
> are running gnome/kde
> from a non-standard location everything should have
> been updated.

I used "apt-get dist-upgrade" and I assumed that I
would be getting binary .deb's that would be
automatically installed.

I am running kde/gnome from where ever the binary
Woody CD's I bought put it.