Re: if debian is used by gnu, h/c lilo not grub?

Hello

Steve (<ekco9595@rogers.com>) wrote:

> I was just curious if debian is used by the gnu hurd guys and
> everything

There are versions of Debian coming with different kernels, including
the hurd, and of course linux.

> then why doesnt debian come with grub in stead of lilo

Debian Woody and Sarge include both grub and lilo. The current stable
distribution Woody installs lilo by default (at least the linux
version, don't ask me about anything else). You can however choose to
switch to grub later. The installer for the next version (Sarge) seems
to choose grub by default, but you can choose lilo instead, during the
installation process.

best regards
 Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270