Re: Display Set-Up

s. keeling wrote:

Incoming from Beans:
Vijaya S wrote:
You dont have to reinstall Sarge for that..
stop X server and then type
# dpkg--reconfigure xserver-xfree86

Follow the wizard and enter the correct value.
As the xserver worked, we can edit the configure file (/etc/X11/XFree86-4) instead of 'dpkg-reconfigure'. After all, this way need more brain.

You've got brains to spare?  Good for you.  I've just been conversing
with someone whose box contains no vi (by his choice).  "vi's too
hard."

I think the "dpkg-reconfigure $BLAH" stuff is a pretty feature.  You
don't have to use it, but for obscure stuff you don't know intimately,
it's nice to have.

I do know the dpkg-reconfigure stuff is a pretty feature for many users, but not for me. I can not believe it has an effect to the configure file, specially you have a wrony one first. May be a video card probe tool can give me some help, but the package reconfigure couldn't do it.

--

                Liu Chang
                   Tel: +8610-82317640