Re: how to configure SFTP

Adam,

Thanks for that - it did the trick. I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I had that line (almost) exactly as you typed it. The thing I missed was the uppercase "S" at the start of the line. I copied and pasted what you had and bingo, I can now sftp into the box - which is very convenient for me.

Thanks again! I sometimes feel like it's the simplest thing's that stump me!

David

Adam Aube wrote:
David Powell wrote:

I'm trying to setup sftp on my debian box, but am having some difficulty.

Try this (copied from my sshd_config):

Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/sftp-server