Re: ntpd conf confusion

Hi Paul,

Best practice is found on http://www.pool.ntp.org/

Just add three servers, and let them start with 0, up to three,
like so:

server 0.pool.ntp.org
server 1.pool.ntp.org
server 2.pool.ntp.org

good luck

Cheers,
Mark

PaulNM wrote:

Hi all,
I've recently installed the ntpd on my 24/7 machine so it could serve as a ntp server for my local network. So far evrything is going fine, but I have run into one possible problem. I set it to use pool.ntp.org, and according to my router logs, the first few outgoing addresses were indeed that. Now it seems to be going to one ip address instead, and I can't see why. I've rechecked the conf files and even restarted ntpd, but to no avail.

Thanks,
     PaulNM