Re: firewall + mail gw

Le Thu, Oct 07, 2004 at 12:20:05PM -0300, Carlos Alberto Pereira Gomes ecrit :
> I've a home network connected to internet with an ADSL link, and with 4
> users sharing two computers (windows machines). Each user has at least
> two mail accounts in different providers.
> I've already set up a linux firewall and it's running ok.
> I'd like to set up some kind of email server (in the firewall machine) that
> collects all the emails for each user and let them read it with webmail or
> outlook from the internal network, and let me use some kind of
> spam/virus filter.
> What is the best combination of software that I should use to get this
> solution?

If your users agree to give you their login/passwd for thier
different email accounts, you could use fetchmail to collect emails
and then a bogofilter or a spamassassin with a clamav for viruses.

Otherwise, if they dont want to give you the passwords, you can block
POP3 with your firewall and ask them to use popfile (mail proxy that
filter spams).

Fanfan
--
L'art d'être tantôt très audacieux et tantôt très prudent est l'art de
réussir.