Re: java plugin works, programs do not run (exception in thread main)

On Tue, 5 Oct 2004 22:49:45 -0400
Rohan Deshpande <rohan.deshpande@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm getting an error when tryign to run any java apps using ANY j2re
> from blackdown's site (sun and blackdown versions.) Plugin works fine,
> but I try to install LimeWire for java and get the following
> exception:

> com/zerog/lax/LAX
>
> I've tried googling to no avail.  I set the JAVA_HOME variable and
> still nothing.  Am I missing some libs or something? i assume the
> blackdown srces would pick it up.

Hello,

Try the suggestions at the following url. They solved a very similar
problem for me. It's most likely not a dependency problem, just a
failure of java to unpack everything that's needed to run properly.

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jsp?forum=14&thread=441886&tstart=75&trange=15

HTH,
Jacob