java plugin works, programs do not run (exception in thread main)

Hello,

I'm getting an error when tryign to run any java apps using ANY j2re
from blackdown's site (sun and blackdown versions.) Plugin works fine,
but I try to install LimeWire for java and get the following
exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/zerog/lax/LAX

I've tried googling to no avail.  I set the JAVA_HOME variable and
still nothing.  Am I missing some libs or something? i assume the
blackdown srces would pick it up.

Thanks,
Rohan