Re: set default paper size in firefox?

Matt Price <matt.price@utoronto.ca> writes:

> the default paper size seems to be set to "A4" in my version of
> firefox (0.9.3).  Anyone know how to change that setting?  I often
> forget to reset the print option and end up with slightly-wrong page
> lengths...
>
> I have tried messing with "prefs.js" but haven'th ad any luck.

In might depend on which printing method you use (postscript or xprint).
I use postscript printing, and for me, the following line in "user.js"
(or "prefs.js" or the "about:config" page...) works:

    user_pref("print.postscript.paper_size", "A4");

(Of course, this sets the paper size *to* A4, so you should replace "A4"
with whatever paper size you want to use.)

Martin

--
  / ,- )    Martin Dickopp, Dresden, Germany    ((_/)o o(\_))