Re: XFree86-DRI missing

Jule Slootbeek wrote:
Debian-users,

another something i've been trying to figure out for a while.
I have a nVidia GeForce MX 420 running the latest drivers, but whenever i try to run a opengl prog, like glxgears i get this:

jule@dolphy:~$ glxgears
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).

Make sure that the libGL.so.1 symlink in /usr/X11R6/lib
points to the real libGL.so.1.2 from nVidia (not the one
from the xlibs-mesa package).  I have had this happen to
me (though with the ATI drivers instead of nVidia) when
OpenGL apps would stop working after that symlink disappeared.

-Roberto Sanchez