Chroot Debian

We are currently managing around 50 Terminal Servers, each terminal server is running RedHat. The terminal servers have been heavily customized and hacked. Each of the 50 Terminal Servers can have anywhere from 30 to 60 thin clients attached.

We decided to install Debian in a chroot environment on each of these servers in order to minimize disruptions. We chose debian because it is relatively easy to keep up-to-date.

What will be the easiest way to keep all 50 Debian Chroot environments up-to-date?

Should we create a base image then copy that image to the remote servers?
Is there a way to set a cron job to auto-update the chroot environments?
Is there a way to have one "aptitude" type interface that will interact with all 50 servers simultaniously?

In other words what will be the easiest and most efficient way to maintain these Debian chroot environments. I wiould like to try to avoid manually logging in and running aptitude 50 times at each school inorder to install/upgrade packages.

Thanks.

Powerful Parental Controls Let your child discover the best the Internet has to offer. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.