Re: Alsa in Debian Sarge? How to?

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 20:17, Rob Benton wrote:

> The thing that gave me the most headache is hotplug/alsa kept picking up
> my onboard audio as slot-0 so all my apps were using that instead of my
> SBLive card.  Only way I was able to resolve it was to disable the
> onboard stuff in the BIOS.  There may be another way but I couldn't find it.

If you don't mind having your onboard sound disabled, place the module
name in /etc/hotplug/blacklist

I think you should be able to assign the sound-slot-n ordering through
judicious use of the alias directive in /etc/modprobe.d/sound like so:

alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
alias sound-slot-0 snd-emu10k1

alias snd-card-1 snd-cmpci
alias snd-slot-0 snd-cmpci