Re: php4 with mysql support

On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 23:03, Trev Thorpe wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
>   I am having some trouble configuring php4 with mysql.
>
>   phpinfo via phpmyadmin interface does NOT show a 'MYSQL' table, normally
> located about 2/3 of the page down..
>
>   Reference URL(What it should look like):
>   http://www.entropy.ch/software/macosx/php/test.php
>
>   My URL(what it does not look like):
>   http://trevs.ods.org:8080/phpinfo.php
>
>   I am in need of this being enabled to setup phpbb2 on my 'soon to be'
> webserver.
>
>   The forum folks over at phpbb2.com mention this is a common oversite when
> installing php4 prior to mysql. I have since apt-get remove (both mysql and
> php4) and done various reinstalls etc...
>
>   http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=1261456#1261456
>
>   This is what I had done.. all installed what seemed to be normally../shrug.
>   apt-get install php4
>   apt-get install php4-mysql
>   apt-get install mysql
>
>   Any help is appreciated, thanks !
>
>   Please be as specific as you can please =)

This is just a bit of guessing, but:

Perhaps you need to load the mysql module via a directive in your
php.ini file:

extension=mysql.so

Alternativly, you could try upgrading to a newer version of
libmysqlclient. Perhaps php4-mysql requires a newer version of
that library to provide mysql support. If so, it sounds like a
package dependancy screwup of some sort, assuming you've installed
all this using debian packages.

-davidc