Re: xscreensaver

Blake Swadling wrote:
On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 11:25, Tom Allison wrote:

How can I configure xscreensaver to automatically load for every user of X window on my workstations?

See the thread in the archives titled "bash profile does not get loaded"
and substitute xscreensaver for profile.

create a file called

/etc/X11/Xsession.d/99xfree86-common_xscreensaver

and in it put the command line that you want to use for xsreensaver like

xscreensaver &

20xfree86-common_process-args
30xfree86-common_xresources
50xfree86-common_determine-startup
90xfree86-common_ssh-agent
92xprint-xpserverlist
92xprint-xpserverlist.sh
99xfree86-common_start
99xfree86-common_xscreensaver

It seems that xfree-common_start should have been given a different number...

This is a brilliant method for doing this.