RE: Cache DNS...??

> So you can use the "pdnsd" package or, as Andrew suggested, the
> "dnsmasq". I'm not sure but even bind9 should have some caching system
> of the resolved domain...

I believe the default behaviour of bind9 is a caching-only name server.
You'd only need to adjust the "allow-query"-directive in order to allow DNS
queries from the entire LAN instead of the localhost only. If you "apt-get
install bind9" you will have a decent installation, and you only need to
change "allow-query { 127.0.0.1; };" to "allow-query { 192.168.0.0/16; };"
or whatever your LAN's IPs are, and you should have a caching name server.

However, as you have to change your dhcp-settings then, too, to make the
clients use your local  DNS instead of the ISP's, this 'dnsmasq' package
might be a lot easier ;)

Good luck
Dan

--
The only skills I have the patience to learn are those that have no real
application in life.  -- Calvin