Re: Editing PDF forms

Dave Howorth wrote:
Does anybody know of a way to edit PDF forms then save the result?

I just checked that again and with the latest Sarge the output looks super. This presumes you start out with a pdf form of some sort...

Get xfig and transfig

use: pstoedit -f "fig:-startdepth 999" <in> <out>%d.fig to generate your .fig files.

These you edit with xfig. Use "T" button to enter text, I usually use helvetica, looks better.

After you save the result (in a dir. that you have write perms to!) use the "export" button in "file" to generate an .eps file. I get better results with a margin of 25.

This you look at with gv and print. Better yet, send it to them and let them print it if they want to.

You save the .fig file and edit it again, or use the original .fig file and edit it differently.

Works great. Adobe is NOT needed and neither is XP to run it. ;-)

Hugo