Re: Default network interface

Hi,
On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:03:22 -0500, Michael Satterwhite
<michael@weblore.com> wrote:
> I have two network cards: eth0 (wired connection) and eth1 (wireless). Both
> are defined in interfaces, and both work correctly. eth1 is the default
> connection, but at times I'd like the default to be eth0.
>
> Where is the default network connection to activate stored?

Somebody will be sure to correct me if I'm wrong but AFAIK whether an
interface is brought up or not is dictated by the "auto" keyword in
your interfaces list, i.e.
"auto eth0"
makes  the system bring up eth0 at boot.

I would suggest that you could use something like the "mapping" stanza
in which you run a script to map eth0 to some defined name if you
don't want to go to the trouble of going into /e/n/i to change this
now and then. It's quite well documented in the man page I think.

greets,
Wim