Re: KDE gets a bum rap

On Sunday 26 September 2004 04:30 pm, David Baron wrote:

> I am running on a PIII, 500mhz clunker which I overclock to 575mhz. No
> screamer by anyone's standards. I have 500m memory which is OK.
>
> I started with KDE because it came with Knoppix. Along with the usual
> foibles of unstable, I really have few complaints. While KDE applications
> do not spring up instantaneously, they speed-daemons compared with
> OpenOffice which is a "well-regarded" application.

My 1.0 GHz box took a dump, so I moved my 256 MB stick of RAM and my hard
drive into an old PII-233 someone had given me.  I continued using all my
usual stuff.  It was slow, but the main irritation was the way I could type
so much faster than the screen could keep up with me.

I was glad when I could finally afford to replace my dead computer, but I used
that junker as my only running machine for three or four months, and I was
never even tempted to replace KDE with something else.  But I've said before,
I'm a KDE fanboy, and it's true.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/