Re: Advice needed to speed up very slow machine

> decided to rebuild this older computer for her and put Debian GNU/Linux
> Sarge on it, figuring it might be less work for me in "service calls" ;-)

It'll probably work too.  My boss's daughter has only called me twice in
monnnnnnths.  Both times because something went wrong (probably user error),
and she had to fsck the disks manually.  In all this time, that's *it*.
Hooyah, that beats the hell out of supporting Windows, let me tell ya.

I have no useful suggestions improving speed though.  I was stuck on a 233 MHz
box for awhile, and I kept all my resource hogging KDE goodness anyway.  I
really like KDE, and I didn't want to change the way I did things just
because it was a slow box.  I lived with the speed, which sucked, rather than
try to find some lightweight alternative.  I'm just that much of a KDE fanboy
I guess.

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/