Re: mousewheels in 2.4.26 vs 2.6.7

Erik Steffl wrote:

  X configuration might need change, I had to change mine:

2.4.x Option "Protocol" "MouseManPlusPS/2"
2.6.x Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"

however my side button (button 6) does not work. The other options is to use evdev driver (I haven't tried it yet):

    Option "Protocol" "evdev"
    Option "Dev Name" <dev name>

not sure what exactly would work for you, the way mouse works is a lot different in 2.6.x (instead of raw device kernel recognizes mouse itself, however the device reacts differently depending on which protocol you use to communicate with it).

search debian-devel for 'logitech mouse [was: Lost Trust]', messages from 2004/5/31 - 2004/6/8 (read the whole thread, some messages are not relevant to your problem but some of them are quite informative, like the one that mentions evdev).

Interesting. When I changed XF86Config-4 to:

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  	"Mouse0"
	Driver      	"mouse"
	Option 		"Protocol" 		"evdev"
	Option 		"Dev Phys" 		"usb-0000:00:07.2-2/input0"
##	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"X"
##	Option		"ZAxisMapping"		"Y"
 	Option      	"Buttons"       	"7"
	Option      	"ZAxisMapping"  	"4 5 6 7"
	Option 		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
EndSection

I got "device not found" I got that phys. dev. from /proc/bus/input/devices because there are 2 USB mice, both A4Tech.

Hugo.

there are also quite a few discussions on kernel mailing list (mostly from around the time 2.6 was released)

    erik