Re: Developing flash on debian

--- Andrea Vettorello <andrea.vettorello@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 09:09:27 -0500, Kent West
> <westk@acu.edu> wrote:
> > Miguel Griffa wrote:
> >
> > >Hi all
> > >    I was wandering how easy is to develop flash
> on debian, are there
> > >any tools? official or not... I'm quite new to
> flash world, and old on
> > >java and c world, but I never had contact with
> flash beyond .swf
> > >before. Thanks for any advice
> > >

> > OpenOffice.org (Drawing / Presentation) has the
> ability to export to
> > Flash, but I don't understand exactly what that
> means  :-(
> >

> You can convert a presentation in a flash file...
>

> --
> Andrea
>

> --

You could also learn MING.  There was also a recent
story about a replacement for MING; check slashdot, I
don't remember exactly, because I didn't pay much
attention to it.  If you are using flash, I must warn
you to only use it to make movies or games, NEVER for
navigation, as it is not a highly accessible
technology.  Please, stay away from it for web design.

Consider adopting five-year-old web standards to
create clean, accessible designs: alistapart.com is a
good starting point.

~Webnazi.