locale working at commandline, not under X

Hi all

If I am in X I get the following outout for locale:

locale: Cannot set LC_CTYPE to default locale: No such file or directory
locale: Cannot set LC_MESSAGES to default locale: No such file or
directory
locale: Cannot set LC_ALL to default locale: No such file or directory
LANG=de_DE@euro
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=de_DE.UTF-8

However at the commandline : de_DE@euro fÃor all types of locales

Which means all the special signs including the Euro sign are working properly

X  is started via à xdm and my .xsessio looks liek that:

# ---- language-env DON'T MODIFY THIS LINE!
# set LANG
LANG=de_DE@euro
export LANG
# ---- language-env end DON'T MODIFY THIS LINE!

/usr/bin/xfce-mcs-manager
/usr/bin/xfwm4 --daemon
/usr/bin/xftaskbar4 &
/usr/bin/xfdesktop &
exec /usr/bin/xfce4-panel

Here my /etc/environment:

export LANG=de_DE@euro
export LC_ALL=de_DE@euro

#LANG=de_DE@euro
### BEGIN DEBCONF SECTION FOR localeconf
# Do not edit within this region if you want your changes to be
preserved
# by debconf.  Instead, make changes before the "### BEGIN DEBCONF
SECTION
# FOR localeconf" line, and/or after the "### END DEBCONF SECTION FOR
# localeconf" line.
### END DEBCONF SECTION FOR localeconf

LANG=de_DE@euro

Where is the error