Re: sharing a printer with windows

On Tuesday 21 September 2004 01:17 am, Christian Benito wrote:
> I have small network, two windows 2000 boxes and a debian box.  The
> two windows machines share a laser printer that is attached to one of
> them. I'd like to be able to print from the debian machine too. Can
> anybody give me a pointer on how to get that working?

Remove any eyeglasses, hats, caps, earrings, etc.  Now place your forehead
flat against any nearby wall.  Pivot your body back at the waist a bit, then
slam your head forcefully into the wall.  Repeat this until you either lose
consciousness, or you decide you don't want to try to get Linux to print to a
Windows printer.

:)

(It can be done in theory.  If you can find a set of instructions that will
actually get you there, you should turn around and go buy a lottery ticket
while you're at it.  You'll probably win big.)

(As a disclaimer, I should add that my own experiences were probably tainted
by the particularly obscure nature of the printer I was trying to get working
in this fashion.  Obviously the instructions I found were an afterthought,
extrapolated from other, related instructions, with a lot of "probably" and
"this might work" and "try doing it like this" thrown in.)

--
Michael McIntyre  ----   Silvan <dmmcintyr@users.sourceforge.net>
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/