Re: Via CLE266 Graphics

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 12:19:27 +0100, David Dorward <dorward@gmail.com> wrote:
> Andrea Vettorello wrote:
> > Have you looked on google?
>
> First port of call.
>
> > Seems it's supported with the "via" driver
> > (man /usr/X11R6/man/man4/via.4x.gz)...
>
> Somehow I missed that, or rather tried it, got some errors, and didn't
> probe deeply enough in tracing them as I assumed it was for a different
> via chipset.
>
> It doesn't work if I just replace vesa with via. The log file looks like
>    <http://dorward.me.uk/tmp/XFree86.0.log.txt>

I'm far from an expert, but "Caught signal 11. " didn't means a seg fault?

> The relevent bits of the X config are:
>
> Section "Device"
>         Identifier "Generic Video Card"
>         Driver "via"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Monitor"
>         Identifier "Generic Monitor"
>         HorizSync       30-57
>         VertRefresh     43-72
>         Option          "DPMS"
> EndSection

Here (http://www.sbellon.de/cl6000.html) i've found something related
to your videocard, but it's about Epia Eden CL-6000, so don't know if
it can be useful. The page owner seems only to add

	Option		"NoDDCValue"		"1"

to his XF86Config-4, maybe the DDC support isn't working well...

Andrea