In article <[🔎] 41528092.8050907@conwaycorp.net>,
Rob Benton  <rob.benton@conwaycorp.net> wrote:
>I've my drive setup like this:
>
>/dev/hdb1 /boot dos
>/dev/hdb2 / xfs
>/dev/hdb3 /usr/local xfs
>/dev/hdb5 /u01 xfs
>/dev/hdb6 swap
>

>I've tried shutting down to single-user mode and then remounting / as ro
>but all the xfs disk check utilities complain.  Are there any tricks to
>getting the xfs utilities to check mounted filesystems?  Or maybe
>there's a better way to approach this I just haven't thought of?

# man xfs_repair
       -d     Repair dangerously. Allow xfs_repair to repair an XFS filesystem
              mounted read only. This is typically done on  a  root  fileystem
              from single user mode, immediately followed by a reboot.

# mount
/dev/hda3 on /mnt type xfs (ro)
# xfs_repair /dev/hda3
xfs_repair: /dev/hda3 contains a mounted filesystem

fatal error -- couldn't initialize XFS library
# xfs_repair -d /dev/hda3
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...

Mike.
--
"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes
 a revolutionary act." -- George Orwell.