Re: Need help with VPN connection

Roberto Sanchez wrote:

John Summerfield wrote:

Roberto Sanchez wrote:

I have managed to set up a VPN connection to the MS VPN server at
school.  The problem is this.  When I add a route for the school's
net block, a huge flood of packets starts.  None of them actually
make it out of my machine, though.  The "TX Packets" count seen
in ifconfig goes up to 500 MiB in just a few seconds, and my CPU
is maxed at 100 % utilization.  I am totally clueless as to what
could be causing that behavior.  Ideas?

-Roberto

Sounds like Windows normal behaviour to me. It's pretty chatty.

What ports?

I think you misunderstand.  My Debian box is the one that starts

I did.

the flood.  The packets try to leave my machine, but they cannot.
Not sure what ports.

You won't get much help without that info.