Re: Cannot paste into remote shell

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:19:46 +0200
martin f krafft disseminated the following:

> also sprach JoeHill

LOL! I like that...I feel like changing my nick to 'Zarathustra'.

> > Is there a way to 'correct' this behaviour, or is this normal? Is
> > it an 'incompatibility' between the Eterm on my Mandrake box and
> > the Debian machine?
>
> Can you execute `reset` and see if it fixes this? Is it only
> happening on one console, or in all?

Executing 'reset' did not resolve it, but your second question prompted me (no
pun intended) to open a new shell, and sure enough the pasting worked as
desired.

What might cause this, just out of curiosity?

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.freeyourmachine.org
10:27:25 up 49 days, 10:14, 7 users, load average: 1.30, 1.12, 0.71