Cannot paste into remote shell

Following some of the advice given to me below, I attempted to paste the
commands into an ssh prompt (you know, highlight text with mouse, middle click
to paste). Strangely enough, *any* mouse buttons pressed whilst in the terminal
window showing the ssh connection to the Debian box produce gibberish.

Is there a way to 'correct' this behaviour, or is this normal? Is it an
'incompatibility' between the Eterm on my Mandrake box and the Debian machine?

Thanks all, I'll try to limit my silly questions to a couple a day ;-)

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.freeyourmachine.org
09:57:30 up 49 days, 9:44, 6 users, load average: 0.27, 0.12, 0.03