How to have X not start at boot?

Hi all,

*Very* new Debian user here, first install ever, though I was surprised at how
easy it was, even though I chose to install from floppies over the internet.
That's pretty cool!

Anyhow, stupid question number one: I would like to have the system boot to a
text mode login, but I cannot find where to make the change in any of the system
administration tools. I plan to (try) to admin the system in text mode via SSH
primarily, so the only thing I want the X server for is to eventually set up a
VNC connection with a nice light WM (this machine is a P100 w/ 64MB RAM...)

Thanks.

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.freeyourmachine.org
21:04:15 up 47 days, 20:50, 5 users, load average: 0.05, 0.02, 0.00