Re: ALSA --> Problem solved by "rm /etc/modprobe.conf"

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 10:53:10 -0600, Justin Guerin <jguerin@cso.atmel.com> wrote:
> Yes, it seems that package hasn't made it into unstable or testing yet.  You
> have options, however.  1) you can do without sound and wait until that
> package comes in, and then install it.  2) you can compile the Alsa modules
> from source.  3) you can revert to 2.4.26 until the Alsa modules package
> becomes available.  4) you can move to a 2.6 series kernel.  Alsa is
> included in those kernels by default, so there is no alsa-modules-2.6*
> package.

How difficult is 2) ?  When I tried 4) previously my computer wouldn't boot
for some reason (forget now but probably something to do with module
dependencies) and I reverted to (then) 2.4.26

> It seems your sound card isn't being recognized.  Have you tried any other
> modules using modconf?

Yup, with similar results.

> ps. please copy the list.  I don't mind a CC, but you really want to make
> sure everyone on debian-user has a chance to reply, because a lot of people
> know a lot more about sound than I do.

Apologies... still getting used to this gmail interface *roll-eyes*

Thanks for your patient help,

-James
(remembering to CC to list this time.)
--
James Cummings, Cummings dot James at GMail dot com