Re: usb hub

On Sun, Sep 19, 2004 at 07:42:12PM -0300, Robson Azevedo Rung wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an usb hub on my monitor that is used to connect my printer and my
> webcam. I'm getting the message below when I quit from X to text mode:
>
> > hub.c: port 2 over-current change
>
> The kernel doesn't stop to show this message, so I can't use the system.
>
> I made a test, disconnecting the hub and the problem was solved.
>
> How can I solve this problem and use my hub again?

IIRC every USB device has a maximum power. If you plug in a device that
exceeds one or more max powers, something in the hub chain gets it's
power cut to avoid overloading the system.

* Try plugging the hub directly into your computer.
* Try plugging the devices directly into your monitor.
* Try both.
* Unplug the USB-powered clothes dryer, if you have one plugged in. :)

--
The world's most effective spam filter:
        ln -sf /dev/full /var/mail/$USER