Re: ATI 3D acceleleration and dpkg-divert

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 21:14:00 +0200, Nicolas de Sereville
<deserevi@ieec.fcr.es> wrote:
> Hi, thank you for the very fast reply! (see below for my answer)

[...]

> Anyway, I am not sure to understand well how work dpkg-divert. Does it
> allow to have two versions of the same file and to choose which one I
> need. If yes, how can I do it?

FWIK dpkg-divert it's used when two packages want to install both a
file with the same path, or to avoid that dpkg will overwrite that
file when installing a package.

So to reply to your question, you can only have one version of a file
and dpkg-divert will preserve it when you install a newer package
which contains that file. You choose which to use with dpkg-divert,
but you should look to the man page cause i've seldom, if never, used
it.

Hope this was enough clear.

Andrea