Re: How to Get Latest Thunderbird, KDE?

On Sat, Sep 11, 2004 at 01:50:37PM -0400, Ed Sutherland said
> What do I add to my sources.list to apt-get install the latest
> mozilla-thunderbird and kde 3.3?

Software doesn't magically get packages, someone has to do them.  KDE
3.3 is partially in unstable, but I'm not sure if it's usable or not.
The debian-kde list probably knows more.

According to "apt-cache policy mozilla-thunderbird", unstable has
0.7.3-6.

> I added 'deb ftp ftp.us.debian/org unstable' but apt said I already have

That won't work, you need something like:
deb ftp://ftp.us.debian.org/debian unstable main

Also, if you're using stable, this will more or less move you to
unstable, so make sure that's what you want.

--
Words of the day:    TELINT Craig Livingstone Roswell UNSCOM Perl-RSA Ft. Bragg