kernel panic on remote server after security update

Hello,
  My remote server is down right now and I think it is
because of the kernel-image update from
security.debian.org. I've been running woody for about
a year and the machine has been up and going and I've
updated the kernel-image.

Then the machine rebooted itself and it has come up
with a kernel panic. My guess is that this is related
to some problem with the bootloader or LILO. I was
just hoping that someone could refer me to a likely
fix for this since I'm not even in the city with the
machine and I have to forward this to my partner who
helps to run it so that he can work on it when he goes
to the co-locate.

I'm sorry that I don't have the specifics but I don't
have access to the box right now.

Thanks for any help,
                 Vinge.

=====
Erisian Saint Vinge ---  http://www.piratemotel.org
Rebellion against all that is wrong in the world.
   http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/theanarchistcommune
 Surreal Master of Discordian-Fu.