Figured out Sarge kernel issue re: automatic configuration...

Hi, all. Just a quick note for anyone who'd read my previous email regarding
getting my eth0 configured automagically under Sarge, with my custom kernel.

The short version: I wasn't using any modules, and evidently this meant that
the Debian infrastructure wasn't configuring my cardbus Ethernet card for me.
As I had built the appropriate driver into the kernel I compiled, the correct
solution was to say "auto eth0" in /etc/network/interfaces. My eth0 is run
through dhclient now during startup, which is what I wanted. (My only other
change was a cosmetic fix: I removed cardmgr from /etc/rc*.d/.)

--
    Mason Loring Bliss  mason@acheron.middleboro.ma.us  They also surf who
awake ? sleep : dream;     https://bliss.dyndns.org/    only stand on waves.