New sarge install trying to find modules

Hi All
I've just recently (about 2weeks ago) setup debian in replacement to
gentoo, on my main workstation. The installer was really smooth, so
smooth i didn't realise it was done and now i have a fully configured
and setup system. Everything working. But i've got a slight annoyance,
it doesn't stop the computer from functioning its just a pain. To start
with, i've compiled my own kernel, with the src's from kernel.org (it's
just the way i do thing's, added my own patches etc) which works fine
but on boot something is getting called, i've checked the udev configs
and hotplug, which is trying to find forcedeth (my nic) and various
other modules. All for my hardware but this is from when i was using 2.4
which is the default on the install. As i've compiled all these into the
kernel, it just errors, everything keeps booting, but i'd still like to
know the config for this calling is. If anyone knows it would be great
to let me know.
Google also hasn't popped anything up
Thanks in advance
| Glyn Tebbutt |		d3c3it-linux@ntlworld.com |
|--------------'      http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it |
| gpg-key: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/d3c3it/d3c3it.gpg |
|    	 Lisa, if you dont like your job you dont strike, |
| 	  just go in everyday and do it really half-assed |
|		   Thats the American way. -Homer Simpson |