Re: KDE 3.3 Fails to Logout Cleanly

Ed Sutherland

> When  I  try to  logout,  the  screen goes  to  black  and the  cursor
> locks-up. The only way to reboot then is to hit the reset

I have the same repeatedly reproducible  bug on my 3Dfx Voodoo 3000 card
based X system.  This is an  issue with the X server infrastructure as I
am able  to login remotely  using ssh.  The  console and X  are unusable
locally. This is the case with both KDM and GDM!

But the problem disappears once I set "Automatically login again after X
server  crash" to  ON.  This  option is  under Control  Panel  -> System
Administration -> Login Manager -> Convenience (KDE 3.3).

--
ragOO           VU2RGU
Help keep the Radio Spectrum FREE