Re: KDE 3.3 Fails to Logout Cleanly

I tried your suggestion and logout still causes a lock-up. I have no way of logging back in remotely -- this is a local-only system.

(Would switching to another version of X -- like X.org -- solve the error?)

Speaking of KDE 3.3 errors, korganizer always crashes when I have Thunderbird up.

Ed

Raghavendra Bhat wrote:

Ed Sutherland

When  I  try to  logout,  the  screen goes  to  black  and the  cursor
locks-up. The only way to reboot then is to hit the reset

But the problem disappears once I set "Automatically login again after X
server  crash" to  ON.  This  option is  under Control  Panel  -> System
Administration -> Login Manager -> Convenience (KDE 3.3).