Re: mobility radeon driver
Pau Novella Garijo wrote:
> I have a laptop with a mobility radeon M6 LY video card and I've been looking
> for a free driver for a week with no results. I've been told that there are
> free drivers which suports up to M7 cards.
I have the exact same card in my iBook and it's working flawlessly, so
the following should work if you are running kernel 2.6:
* Install the latest version of xserver-xfree86 from unstable.
* (Re)configure X and select the "ati" driver; answer Yes when debconf
asks if you want to use the framebuffer.
* In your /etc/modules-2.6 file (or in /etc/modules if that file doesn't
exist), add these three lines. They MUST be in this order:
(Maybe the uninorth_agp isn't necessary on non-Apple machines? Don't know.)
* In your bootloader config file (e.g. /etc/lilo.conf), add the argument
to your default kernel entry, then run the bootloader installer (e.g.
lilo) if necessary.
* Reboot and start X -- good luck! Run glxgears to see if your video
acceleration is working.
Kevin B. McCarty <firstname.lastname@example.org> Physics Department
WWW: http://www.princeton.edu/~kmccarty/ Princeton University
GPG public key ID: 4F83C751 Princeton, NJ 08544