Re: rm difficult filename

Jason Rennie wrote:

On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 04:21:12PM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
Often, too, you can use the TAB key to advance over problematic characters, a "?" to represent one of them and "*" to represent any number of them. So

rm ?rtsp-stream-over-tcp
rm *over-tcp

Hmm... I don't think this works since the shell will expand to
"rm -rtsp-stream-over-tcp".  rm will still see the file name as an
option.

I _am_ describing the more general case; I've already covered the hyphen, but it's not the only problematic character; sometimes you will find chars with no matching keystrokes, sometimes chars that print blank but aren't spaces.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait