Re: Screen Resolution

If using Gnome or  KDE you can go to START HERE, SETTING, SCREEN RESOLUTION
and change resolution from there, similar to the way windows works.

Otherwise,

Check your /etc/X11/XFree86-4 file

Look for a line similar to:

Section "Screen"
    Identifier  "Screen0"
    Device      "ATI Graphics Adapter"
    Monitor     "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth 24
    #Option "backingstore"

    Subsection "Display"
        Depth       24
        Modes     "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600"

Endsection

Change the modes line to match the one/many resolutions
you wish to have and work on your system.  The first mode
"1280x1024" will be the default X will start with.  You can
change to the others with CTL-ALT-+.

Lance