Re: permisions in the /dev directory

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 05:41:28 -0400, Andrew Schulman
<andrex@alumni.utexas.net> wrote:
> > To let a user run any command with sudo add a line such as the
> > following:
> > username         ALL = (ALL) ALL
>
> This is a terrible idea.  It essentially makes username equivalent to root.
> Yes, the user has to type 'sudo' before they can do the damage, but these
> things can become a habit (or a shell alias) in a hurry, and access to
> username's account also becomes instantly equivalent to being rooted.

In most cases I would agree with you. The above was an example. But I
take it from Scotty's first post that it was for himself to do
administration on his own box and not setting this for everybody. sudo
is for administration.

The following is another example:

# User alias specification

User_Alias     ADMINS = msmith, amccord