permisions in the /dev directory

Part of my modem problem was that there write permission for the user
group for the  devices in the /dev directory was not set.  I have a
question....

Should the whole /dev directory have the the group-write attribute set
down the whole directory?!

Reason I ask is that some of the KDE sounds only play for the root
user, yet my regular user is a member of the audio group.  I think I
have the same problem here.  So what are the names of the devices
involved in audio withing the /dev directory I have to look at?

I also noticed that the sudo command does not work, even tho my user
login is a member of sudoers.  Betcha this is a read permission for
the group problem on the sudoer configuration file.  Whattya think?

yours,
---
Scotty