Re: gnumeric or oocalc

On Monday 06 September 2004 07:41 am, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> Hi all
>        My intention is not to start a flamewar but to get opinions on
> which spreadsheet software is better? While having choice is better,
> I would prefer to start with one and stick to it if possible. In
> particular I am looking for
>
> 1) things which can be done in one but cant be done in another?
>
> 2) Which is better compatible with microsoft excel?
>
> 3) which requires more memory, speed, other performance aspects?
>
> 4) which is being actively developed and has good documentation?
>
> 5) Any better spreadsheet programs out there which I have not looked
> at?
>
> 6) Enable some sort of scripting along with gui?
>
> thanks for the answers
> raju

Not sure ow this affects resource usage. Gnumeric is one app but  has
many gnome depends, so you would have to include all those in a
comparison, OO.calc is part of a office suite, albeit a large one.

I like the way Abiword has a GTK version, less depends than a gnome
version, imho.
--
Greg C. Madden