Woody and ext3

The reason that there are no "gotchas" with ext3 is if anything goes
wrong it just defaults back to ext2 since the "ext3 journal" is
merely an add-on to ext2.

While your procedure looks good for revising a system without taking
it down, the times when I have convered to ext3 I've done it like
this:

tune2fs -j /dev/hda1 (repeat for all volumes)

change ext2 to ext3 in fstab

reboot.

The compiled-in ext3 support is automatic at that point, and away it
goes. No problems, no games. And it works just fine on RAID too.

Curt-

--
September 11th, 2001
planning advocates in American history