Re: Help! (corier-imap + webmail)

Carlos Sousa wrote:

On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:44:35 -0400 Johann Koenig wrote:
On Tuesday September  7 at 12:39am
Clement <clement@ans.com.au> wrote:

The FAQ says this is because my PHP does not support IMAP. My PHP is the stock Debian libapache2-mod-php4 v 4.3.4-4. I believe IMAP support is there.
jkoenig@note:~$ apt-cache search php imap
aeromail - Web-based e-mail client
egroupware-email - eGroupWare E-mail client application
imp3 - Web Based Mail Program
php-auth - PHP PEAR modules for creating an authentication system
php3-cgi-imap - IMAP module for PHP3 (use with php3-cgi)
php3-imap - IMAP module for PHP3 (use with php3)
php4-imap - IMAP module for php4
phpgroupware-felamimail - phpGroupWare felamimail (Squirrelmail) module
squirrelmail - Webmail for nuts
imp - Web Based IMAP Mail Program.
jkoenig@note:~$
Note the one about halfway down, php4-imap. Squirrelmail may implement
the IMAP protocol itself, or operate directly on Maildirs (I don't
personally know, thats just my guess)

Actually, from:
jkoenig@note:~$ apt-cache show squirrelmail
<snip>
It includes built-in pure PHP support for the IMAP and SMTP protocols
</snip>

So thats why.

1) Squirrelmail *does* use the IMAP protocol (no direct file access
  to email);

2) I don't have php?-imap installed, so it must have inbuilt IMAP
  capabilities, 'cause it's working flawlessly.
A close look at libapache2-mod-php4:

" Compiled in extensions include: bcmath, bz2, calendar, ctype, dba, dbx, exif, filepro, ftp, gettext, iconv, mbstring, mime_magic, openssl, overload, pcre, posix, session, shmop, sockets, standard, sysvmsg, sysvsem, sysvshm, tokenizer, wddx, xml, xmlrpc, yp, and zlib."

imap is not included!!! So where does squirrelmail get the imap capability? And how can we give ISMail the imap capability required?

--
Regards,
Clement