Re: grub /boot partition error

Jerome R. Acks wrote:
 > Assuming stage1 and stage2 are in /boot/grub:
  cd /boot/grub
  dd if=stage1 of=/dev/fd0 bs=512 count=1
  dd if=stage2 of=/dev/fd0 bs=512 seek=1

or try:
  cat /boot/grub/stage1 /boot/grub/stage2 > /dev/fd0

I'm afraid the error may go beyond that. When I re-install the grub *.deb I can make a boot floppy successfully. But after I open a grub shell use the setup (hd1,0) is when I'm no longer able to generate a grub disk.

I should mention "/boot" is ext3 while the other partitions are xfs. I know grub has some issues with xfs.

I may try another install w/everything formatted to reiser.