Re: iptables help requested

On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 12:21:50 -0700 (PDT)
Gururajan Ramachandran <gururajan20815@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I think iptables may be blocking SMTP. I cannot figure
> out how. Could you tell me if I am correct and how I
> can fix it?
>
> Two NICs: eth0 is the LAN and eth1 is the WAN

When asking for help on iptables it is helpful to state exactly what you
are trying to do. It looks like you are running a mail server on
boundary box and trying to accept mail on 22 vis the INPUT line. If this
is true, why are you accepting only established/related on the INPUT
but on the FORWARD accepting NEW also.

My guess is that you are running a mail server on the inside LAN and
this boundary box is forwarding packets to the mail server. Before
I proceed, please elaborate.

Craig Jackson