Re: VNC's XDMCP requests now fail?

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 06:08:49PM -0600, Jamin W. Collins wrote:
> Sep  3 17:45:35 thor wdm: X Error of failed request:  BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation)
> Sep  3 17:45:35 thor wdm:   Major opcode of failed request:  45 (X_OpenFont)

Sure... if you'll note the actual error, wdm is trying to find the font
you've configured to display in the chooser, and failing.

Specify your fontpath *explicitly* in your Xvnc invocation, and you'll have
no further problems.  I merely pointed mine to the font server running on
the local LAN.  Or switch to a font that IS in the default fontpath Xvnc
uses.

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt several weeks ago.

--
 Marc Wilson |     <SilverStr> media ethics is an oxymoron, much like
 msw@cox.net |     Jumbo Shrimp and Microsoft Works.  <MonkAway> not